Deadline: April 18, 2020 by 10pm EST*
*Please note: This is NOT a postmark deadline!
2020 Photo Marathon
Call for Artists: Photography
Photo Marathon – Saturday, April 18, 2020, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Meet for the Start at the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County
401 Museum Drive, next to the lake in City Park, 301-739-5727
CALL FOR ARTISTS:
Photographers of all experience levels are welcome to join in on this exciting urban photographic adventure co-sponsored by the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County (MFA-WC), the City of Hagerstown, and the Washington County Arts Council (WCAC).
Ten winners of the Photo Marathon will have their photographs featured 3’ x 3’ panels on the Hagerstown Cultural Trail. The winning Photo Marathon photos will be located along the restored artistic masonry wall on Lee Street.
All photographs must be in Black & White Format.
In addition, 11 Honorable Mentions will have a 6” x 6” image included on a utility pole wrap, also on Lee Street. All photos will be juried by a volunteer group of professionals, award winning photographers, and educators. Judging of the photographs will take place after the event and participants will be notified by the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County by email. Winners will be announced, and photos will be on display beginning in July 2020.
On you mark, get set, go! - Saturday, April 18, 2020, at 10 a.m.
- The MFA-WC will announce five categories for the Photo-Marathon. The categories will also be posted that morning on Facebook and Instagram.
- All participants meet at the Museum of Fine Arts-Washington County, 401 Museum Drive in City Park, the day of the event to acquire the categories and review the guidelines.
- All photos must be shot in Hagerstown (corporate limits) on the day of the event.
- Digital cameras and mobile phones will be permitted.
- Entrants will have 12 hours to dash through the City of Hagerstown (corporate limits) and capture a glimpse into the community, neighborhoods, and the town.
- 10:00 PM Deadline for edited and uploaded photographs.
- Only Black & White photographs will be accepted.
- Participants may only submit one photo per category. Photos must be labeled by category. No photos with watermarks will be accepted.
- Entrants must upload all required files (photographer submission form, model release form(s), image forms, and image files to the Washington County Arts Council’s Drop Box Folder “2020 Photo Marathon” by 10:00 PM EST using the following link. https://www.dropbox.com/request/VD9NZeenzuoZFI2MG4Ke
- All entrants must sign an entry/release form. Custodian signature required for entrants under 18.
- Entrant gives permission to the City of Hagerstown, MFA-WC, & WCAC to use the images on their web sites or for publicity purposes, including public exhibition of entries.
- Be sure you have permission before taking pictures of specific people, especially when photographing children. A model release form can be found in the Full Call.
- Decision of the judges is final.
Download, read, and return all completed documents found in the Full Call
PLEASE NOTE: You will need the FREE up-to-date version of ADOBE READER to view and/or fill out the forms.
Washington County Arts Council
ATTN: Chris Brewer, Gallery Manager
34 S. Potomac Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740