Entrants must be currently enrolled in a Washington County, Maryland high school or be a home-schooled student who resides in Washington County, Maryland. Students may enter a maximum of two (2) submissions. Entries must be completed by individual students. No group entries will be accepted. All work my be submitted using the official entry form; contact your schools art department for entry form. Work must be completed after January 2018.
The art piece will be judged on:
- Design and artistic composition
- Execution of artwork related to chosen medium
- Must be titled
- Sponsors have the right to disqualify and entry based on questionable content. For example, nudity is not allowed.
- A descriptive narrative must accompany the artwork, no more than 50 words, explaining the meaning or message of the piece.
- 2-dimensional art: must be no larger than 24″x24″ and no smaller than 8″x8″.
- “Up” side must be indicated on the back of the piece with arrows.
- Must be matted or mounted using black or white mat board. Whether matting or mounting please leave at least a 2″ boarder around all sides of the artwork.
- 3-dimensional art: will be displayed on pedestals. Contact Matt Wilson for size restrictions.
7 Categories (new this year) of entry:
- 2D – Drawing, painting, Mixed Media, Photography, Digital Media (additional media such as printmaking, collage, etc. will be best fit into 2D categories)
- 3D – Ceramics, Sculpture (clay, glass, wood, found object assemblages, papier-mache, cardboard, metal, etc.)
Entries must be submitted to Hager Hall Conference & Event Center, 901 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, MD 2l740 between 10AM - 6pm on Monday, February 25th and/or Tuesday, February 26th, 2019.Entry form
must be securely taped to the back of the entry.
Finalists, winners, and sponsoring art teachers will be notified by March 6, 2018 via email as provided on entry form
. No jury decisions will be given over the phone. Non-winning entries will not be individually notified of the results.